- Social Activities:
1. I actively involved myself in raising the social awareness and strongly aligned with the social movement of SOS Children’s Village International through my own facebook page Needs and Dreams of a Child (NDC).
2. I am also actively participating with SOS through its child sponsorship program because I care about the dreams of each kid who needs attention, care, and love.
- Academic Activities:
A. Editorial Member:
1. Associate Editor: International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA)
B. Technical Program Committee Member:
1. The Industry Track in the 17th International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC 2019), October 28-31, 2019. Toulouse, France.
2. The “Social Networking and Collaborative Systems” track in The 9th International Conference on Intelligent Networking and Collaborative Systems (INCoS-2017), Ryerson University, Canada. August 24 – 26, 2017. http://voyager.ce.fit.ac.jp/conf/incos/2017/committees.html
3. The PhD Symposium track in The 15th International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC 2017), November 13-16, 2017. Málaga, Spain.
4. The 3rd International Workshop on Robustness Injection into Business Processes (MRI-BP) in conjunction with The 7th International Multidisciplinary Conference on e-Technologies (MCETECH 2017), Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, May 17-19, 2017.
C. Reviewing Activity:
1. Cognitive Computation (COGN) 2020
2. International Journal of Computers and Applications (TJCA) 2020
3. Software Testing, Verification & Reliability (STVR) 2020
4. Software Quality Journal (SQJ) 2019
5. PLOS One 2019 Impact factor 2.776 (2018)
6. International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC) 2019
7. Special Issue on Software Engineering in Practice (SEIP): Software: Practice and Experience (SPE) 2019
8. ICSE (International Conference on Software Engineering) 2018
9. IEEE TSE (IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering) 2018.
10. JSS (Journal of Systems and Software) 2018.
11. SOCO (Springer Soft Computing) 2018.
12. IJCIS (International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems) 2016.
13. SCAM (IEEE International Working Conference on Source Code Analysis and Manipulation) 2015.
14. ICSME-ERA (IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution, Early Research Achievements) 2015.
15. SIMPAT (Elsevier Journal for Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory) 2014.
16. SANER-ERA (IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering) 2014.
17. MCETECH (International MCETECH Conference on e-Technologies) 2014.
18. IJBPIM (International Journal of Business Process Integration and Management) 2014.
19. PPAP (Patterns Promotion and Anti-patterns Prevention) 2013.
20. CSMR-WCRE (IEEE Conference on Software Maintenance, Reengineering and Reverse Engineering) 2013.
21. IEEE TSE (IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering) 2012.
22. SoSyM (Journal on Software & System Modeling) 2012.
23. AUSE (Automated Software Engineering) 2012.
C. Academic Talks (Slides on http://francis-palma.net/materials/):
1. Lakehead University (LU), Canada, a research talk on Service Antipatterns: ‘Poor’ Quality of Design for Service-based Systems and a teaching lecture on Software Fault Tolerance and Recovery: Introduction to Software Fault Tolerance in June 2017.
2. Thompson Rivers University (TRU), Canada, a research talk on Service Antipatterns ‘Poor’ Quality of Design for Service-based Systems and a teaching lecture on Principles of Software Engineering: Software Configuration Management in June 2017.
3. Linnaeus University (LNU), Sweden, a research talk on Service Antipatterns: ‘Poor’ Quality of Design for Service-based Systems in May 2017.
4. Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU), USA, a teaching lecture on Computer Graphics and Gaming: Simulation, Graphics, Gaming, and Other Applications in February 2017.
5. Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), USA, a research talk on Service AntiPatterns: An Explanation to “Poor” Quality of Design for Service-based Systems in December 2016.
6. University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT), Canada, a teaching lecture on Principles of Software and Requirements Engineering: Software Configuration Management in May 2016.
D. Organized/Participated Conferences/Workshops:
1. SANER (IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution, and Reengineering) 2015.
2. PPAP (Patterns Promotion and Anti-patterns Prevention) 2015.
3. Educator’s Workshop: The 15th SEI Software Engineering Educators Workshop, Pittsburgh, PA, July 31 – August 2, 2018. Workshop on (1) DevOps in Practice and (2) Managing Technical Debt of Software.