Before joining UNB, I worked for nearly 4 years as an Assistant Professor (Universitetslektor) in the Department of Computer Science and Media Technology at Linnaeus University in Sweden. My other experiences include the following:
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Ryerson University with Dr. Ayse Bener hosted by Data Science Laboratory (DSL) in an IBM CAS project, where I applied Machine Learning techniques in prioritizing test cases in the context of software development and testing.
- Research Scientist at Screaming Power Inc that builds mobile Apps and securely manages energy data for property owners, and enables energy providers to connect and share energy data with their customers, which will allow us to optimize energy consumption.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) at Concordia University, working with Dr. Ferhat Khendek (Concordia) and Dr. Maria Toeroe (Ericsson Canada Inc, Montreal). I was a member of the MAGIC team at Concordia.
Concerning my education:
- 2015: Completed my Ph.D. from Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal (University of Montreal), Canada, under the supervision of Dr. Naouel Moha and Dr. Yann-Gaël Guéhéneuc. My research interests included Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Antipatterns, and Quality of Service (QoS) for Service-based Systems (SBSs). I was a member of the Ptidej Team and LATECE Lab.
- 2010: Finished my M.Sc. from the University of Trento, Italy, in Computer Science with a major in Software Technologies. My MSc thesis titled “Using Interactive Genetic Algorithm for Requirements Prioritization” was supervised by Dr. Paolo Tonella (full text on Publications page).
- 2005: Completed my B.Sc. from International Islamic University Chittagong (IIUC), Bangladesh, in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), majoring in Software Engineering. My BSc thesis titled “An Efficient Technique for Text Compression” was supervised by Dr. S. M. Kamruzzaman (full text on Publications page).